ACCME Academy: ACCME 2022 Meeting Highlights
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) has recently released highlights from their 2022 Meeting as a course in the ACCME Academy. The modules include 3 keynote lectures and selections from some of the workshops that were held. As with the live meeting, they are a mix of usefulness depending on your experience, the company in which you work, and the type of educational activities you plan.
1. Learner engagement is an ongoing problem. We know that engaged learners are more likely to remember and implement what they have learned. And we also know that passive learning is easy. It's easy to design and easy to convince people to participate in. But we still should strive to engage learners to provide the best education that we can.
2. Theories drawn from behavioral economics can support education. Find ways to change defaults and simplify complicated processes to help learners put what they have learned into action.
3. Commendation criteria represent best practices. Even if your program has no plans to achieve commendation, these criteria can still be used as a guide to improve your program and provide the best educational experience for your learners.
4. Find out where the data lives in your organization. Is there another department that can provide data related to patient care? Can you collaborate with them to design data-driven activities?
5. Look at who is planning your activities. Do they represent your audience of learners? Do they represent the patients your learners care for? Think about how you can be more inclusive.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.